Time to weigh in on some things (I’m sure you’re all thrilled). Jodie has free time! Now she gets to wax less than eloquently about her perspective. Here, I’ll do you all a favor and give you an out. Buy me a bottle of wine and I will promise to drink it instead of blogging—wait, okay I’d probably drink and blog. Never mind, you’re stuck.
Where to begin on the things I want to go on about?
- Let’s start with the 50 Shades of Grey Movie, shall we? <–Yes, that link is kind of mean.
- Or the Black Widow brouhaha? I actually have quite a bit to say about the feminist and not so feminist backlash to Whedon’s direction.
- What about NPR’s telling expose of regional colloquialisms: did you know that Kansans calls things a doodinkus? Yeah. Me neither.
- We could follow up with Shonda Rhimes’ decision to give us a Hero sacrifice. (For macabre fun, check out this list of prominent deaths on Grey’s, I definitely don’t agree with these rankings.)
- What about the new Fall line up (sooo many things to say)?
- What about the shows that were axed? Really, Forever — But aside from the Mary Sue-ish (I mean seriously, he’s TIED to every SINGLE case that comes up) aspects of its lead was really intriguing?
- Okay, Okay, maybe I should just focus on this Jem debate?
- A more serious vein: What about a response to the Hottentot on High’s theory that professors are no longer needed?
Eh, it all seems like so much work on this, my first day off. Goodness, gracious. Where would I even begin?
Maybe I’ll go uncork that bottle of wine that the husband brought home…and probably get distracted by the husband cooking spaghetti.
But, hey, I’m blogging again…kind of.